Poly bagged Units
Poly bags used to protect Units must meet the following requirements:
- Poly bags with a 5″ opening or larger (measured when flat) are required to have a suffocation warning, either printed on the bag itself, or attached as a label.
- For example: “WARNING: To avoid danger of suffocation, keep this plastic bag away from babies and children.
- The warning should be printed or placed in a prominent location and in a legible font size for the size of the bag.
- The thickness of the bag must be at least 1.5 mil
- The poly bag must be transparent.
- The poly bag must have a barcode (UPC, EAN, etc.) that is scannable through the bag or have label on the outside of the bag.
- Poly bags must be completely sealed.
- Poly bag or shrink wrap must not protrude more than 3″ past the dimensions of the product.
- Products that expire must include the expiration date on the master carton in 36+ point font and on the individual Units. Lot numbers alone are insufficient.
- Expiration dates must be displayed in the format MM-DD-YYYY or MM-YYYY. If the expiration date is printed in a different format, a sticker with the correct format must be applied, covering the original expiration date.
- Products that expire and are contained in packaging that requires additional prep, such as glass jars or bottles, must be prepped to ensure that the expiration date is accessible.
Liquid Packaging Requirements
Liquids and products containing liquids can cause damage during shipping and when stored. Products containing liquids without a double seal, including viscous products (such as honey), must be packaged securely to protect other products, and customers.
- Liquids more than 4oz in glass containers cannot be sent to FBA.
- Spray bottles with plastic caps that do not have an additional manufactured seal are not considered double-sealed.
Sold as set
Units that are sets sold as one Unit must be marked as sets on their packaging. Add a label to the Unit that clearly states that the products are to be received and sold as a single Unit. For example, “This is a set. Do not separate.”
Packaging Apparel, Fabric and Plush Units
Package plush Units, such as stuffed toys, animals, and puppets, so they will not be damaged during receipt, stocking, shipment preparation, or shipment to the customer. Units must be placed in a sealed poly bag or shrink-wrapped.